LOCATION: Nairobi, Kenya or East Coast US
REPORT TO: Managing Director, Health Finance Coalition
The Climate Health Impact Lab (CHIL) Senior Manager will play a crucial role in supporting CHIL, a partnership between the Health Finance Coalition (HFC) and the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI). CHIL will bring together the technical expertise of CHAI and the Health Finance Coalition to connect the ecosystem development, financing, and mobilization work of HFC with the country engagement and market shaping work of CHAI. CHIL aims to develop a pipeline of high-impact health solutions and identify a short list to resource and scale. As the Senior Manager, you will drive the ecosystem development and investment readiness for the CHIL’s high impact solutions. Working across pipeline development, blended finance execution, country engagement, and impact articulation you will be responsible for managing various work streams and supporting junior staff.
Solution Scoping and Scaling:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to define the scope and parameters of the big bets.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments and due diligence to ensure the viability and impact potential of the proposed interventions.
- Identify opportunities for cost optimization, efficiency improvements, and revenue generation within the big bets.
- Act as a thought partner to the project team on the scaling and trajectory of the big bets.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure the operational and financial sustainability of the big bets.
- Identify potential risks and develop strategies to mitigate them.
- Ensure alignment with the overall goals and objectives of the Climate Health Impact Lab.
Solution Investment Development:
- Lead the investment readiness work and coordinate activities across CHIL staff and with implementing partners.
- Develop investment readiness plans and strategies for each high-impact solution, including financial models, risk assessments, and value propositions.
- Identify catalytic funding opportunities that could accelerate rate of scale or the level of impact achieved by a high-impact solution.
- Explore innovative funding mechanisms and support implementing partners to enhance their capacity for fundraising and resource mobilization.
- Conceptualize investment structures that drive resources to high-impact solutions.
- Identify investors and support investor processes for blended finance structures.
- Identify and pursue resource mobilization opportunities, including public and private sector funding, grants, and philanthropic investments.
- Collaborate with the Health Finance Coalition, Forecasting Health Futures, and Malaria No More on advocacy and communications strategies to attract potential funders and stakeholders.
- Develop partnerships and engage with key stakeholders to leverage additional resources and expertise.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in investment readiness, blended finance, and innovative financial structuring or related fields.
- Advanced degree in business, finance, or a related field; MBA preferred.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of climate change, health financing, and global health landscape.
- Quick learner who can build credibility across the Climate – Health nexus
- Proven track record in structuring investment opportunities particularly using various mechanisms to change risk / reward profiles.
- Experience in developing programs, identifying leverage points, and accelerating scale.
- Ability to navigate and bring structure to ambiguous situations.
- Ability to provide strategic input and management guidance across multiple work streams while understanding context sufficiently to problem solve with junior staff.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively engage and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Available for 50% international travel
- English language fluency, both written and verbal
Salary and Benefits
Competitive compensation package based on the experience of the candidate. We also offer a robust benefits package including vacation days, sick days, paid holidays, health insurance, and other benefits in line with local country laws and regulations.
Please visit www.healthfinancecoalition.org to apply or submit your application and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. MNM is an equal opportunity employer.
MNM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.